You Asked Us

Fall 2017

Who do I talk to if I have concerns with my care?

Your feedback is important to us and helps us to be better. The Patient Relations office is here to support you. Whether you have a complaint, a suggestion, a compliment or a good story to share, we’d like to hear from you.

Talk to your health-care team:  As a first step, we encourage you to speak with your health-care providers directly.  Your health-care team includes your nurses, doctors and other people who are providing care to you, such as your social worker or physiotherapist. Your health-care team is in the best position to respond to your concerns as quickly as possible.

If you need more support or you don’t feel comfortable discussing the issue directly with the health-care team, then the next step is to discuss the issue with the charge nurse, unit manager or coordinator. They are here to help you, and can bring in more support if needed.

If you feel your concerns have not been resolved to your satisfaction, please contact Patient Relations for help: A Patient Relations Specialist will facilitate complaints and conflicts to a reasonable outcome as a mediator between the patient/family and the health-care team.

LHSC's Patient Relations Office has Patient Relations Specialists to assist patients and families with their rights and responsibilities.  A Patient Relations Specialist can be contacted by:

Phone: 519-685-8500 ext. 52036

Online form: Patient Experience Contact Form



Previous Article