Thank you to our donors!
Seven years ago, London Health Sciences Foundation (LHSF) set an ambitious goal to raise $200 million for London Health Sciences Centre.
The response from communities throughout Southwestern Ontario and beyond was overwhelming.
Approximately 110,000 donors made 350,000 donations ranging from one dollar to $5.25 million.
Supporters also gave thousands of volunteer hours, bought Dream Lottery tickets, organized community events, and attended the Country Classic Auction and Tastings events.
In the end, that outpouring of generosity helped LHSF surpass its campaign goal and raise a total of $215 million for LHSC.
This amazing community response is already making an impact at LHSC.
• A new cardiac electrophysiology lab has opened which provides higher-quality diagnostic images to improve patient care.
• Researchers and clinicians have started leading-edge translational cancer research that they can apply directly to patient care.
• A self-referred, peer-supported program to improve mental health and addictions care for youth aged 16 to 25 was opened.
• The team at Fowler Kennedy Sport Medicine Clinic has started to shift the culture around concussion in sport in an effort to reduce the incidence of concussion and improve care through research.
• A continence clinic designed to provide faster assessments, education and treatment to women waiting to see a urogynaecologist was opened.
• Canada’s first hospital-wide implementation of personalized medicine began and uses the specific genetic make-up of each patient to provide the right dose of the right drug at the right time.
These innovative new initiatives undertaken at LHSC were enabled by the community’s amazing support of LHSF’s fundraising campaign and mark just the beginning of how LHSC can continue to change health care and change lives thanks to the help of donors and volunteers.
We thank all the dedicated donors and volunteers who passionately support our hospital through LHSF. Thank you for knowing that each and every gift matters and that together, we can accomplish something so incredible for patients and families at LHSC.
Learn more at LHSF.ca
The Country Classic Auction