You asked us
What should I bring for my hospital stay?
The following is a handy guide that you can tear out and use as a reference for the next time you need to prepare for a hospital stay.
Be sure to bring:
- Your Ontario Health Card (or equivalent)
- Supplementary insurance information (if you have extra coverage)
- Personal toiletries (including toothbrush, toothpaste, comb/hairbrush, feminine hygiene products, shaving supplies, unscented soap and shampoo, denture cup, sleepwear, slippers and hearing aid batteries)
- Eyeglasses and other aids such as walkers, if required
- All medications you are currently taking; or a complete list of medications along with your Pharmacy’s phone number. Please include any non-prescription or over-the-counter medications, herbal products and vitamins that you are taking.
- An inexpensive watch or battery-operated clock
- Small amount of money for incidentals such as a TV rental or snacks
- Headphones, if renting television
- CareWish (Living Will, Advanced Directive for Personal Care) if one is written
In the last issue of inside, we helped you to find your way around our Victoria Hospital site and also answered where to park at both Victoria and University Hospitals. In response to the article, we continued to receive a lot of questions about where and how to pay for parking.
The following is a handy video guide about where and how to pay for parking at LHSC.